Sunday, November 10, 2019

Welcome to a new Blog

The title of this blog is a comment I made on twitter about the Quakers. I have spent a lot of time in churches - particularly Anglican ones - where I have been encouraged to be more like Jesus, which meant - well it was always vague. Always something different to what I was doing.

In the Quakers, however, I have to shut up for an hour and not hit people. Well, OK, there is a lot more than that, but this is what I am currently focussing on, and it is surprisingly difficult. But it is achieveable, so feels like something I can genuinely aspire to.

That makes it far better.

That is why I have found a home in the Quakers. I can explore my faith without pressure.

So this blog is about thoughts and ideas from the Quakers and the meetings. It it NOT official Quaker insights - it is my insights.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bringer of Peace?

 Listening to the Proms, and Holsts Planets suite - a piece I love - it always strikes me as fascinating that Venus is "The Bringer of ...